Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Amazing Husband...

I have the best husband in the whole world!
My wonderful, handsome husband.  Photo by Krakora Studios
Saturday, September 3, was my birthday.  I'm still 25 if anyone asks (wink)!  On Friday afternoon when I returned home from work David decided he could no longer wait, and he just had to give me my birthday present a day early. (Smile.)

I was told to go into our bedroom and close my eyes to wait for him to get it ready.  I did as I was told (although I have to admit, I was super nervous!)  David came in and got me a few minutes later and carefully walked me into our living room where I found this beautiful set of images from our wedding blown up to poster size and ready to frame (he wanted me to pick out the frames):

Our wedding day, July 3, 2010.  Photo by Krakora Studios
Then, the biggest surprise of them all... David told me to pack my bags, "we're flying to Portland tomorrow morning at 6 a.m."  And so, David swept me off on a one night two day stay in Portland, Oregon.

We arrived at 7 a.m., took the train into town, and walked about two blocks to the Embassy Suites.  It was a fabulous hotel, and its in the heart of everything.  They had especially wonderful service, and we both agreed that we'd go back there next time we were in town.  They even let us check-in right when we got there even though it was only 8 a.m. and check-in really didn't start until 3 p.m., and they even gave us a free upgrade to a king suite with a beautiful view of the city.

We dropped our bags, freshened up, and went exploring.  We got coffees and then walked down along the river before heading up to Portland State University to hit the Farmer's Market.  What a beautiful Farmer's Market!  We did some taste-tests and people-gawking, and enjoyed the incredible vibe that Portland offers.

Later we did some shopping (mostly window, but it was fun anyway), and then we got to meet up with a good friend of mine from my days in Los Angeles, Astara Mink, who also happened to be in Portland visiting her family at exactly the same time I was there.  It was amazing to catch up with her!  She's been traveling the world for over a year, and she's stopped home to see her friends and family before heading off to Asia for a few months.  She's had a wonderful and exotic year and she looked fabulous and it was fun to catch up with her and introduce her to David.

After that, David took me to this Boise State Alumni party for the BSU Broncos vs. the Georgia Bulldogs football game.  It was a blast!  We met a bunch of really nice people... lots of BSU fans that weren't actually even Alumni and some didn't have any affiliation to Boise or BSU at all... they were just fans, and were only there to watch the game in a friendly crowd.  That was pretty cool to see.  We were at this great place called the Grand Central Bowl.

David lost his voice from all the cheering and excitement that night.   And the grandmother of one of the players from Boise State who the first touchdown catch was there watching... it was so cute to see how proud and excited she was.  Plus... we won the game!  Which was especially nice because now no one in the SEC can say Boise State can't "bring it" against the "big boys."

I've been so sick of hearing these big conference schools talk about how Boise State can't really compete, because they continuously step-up and win... on the road, and in hostile environments (i.e. Oregon, Virginia Tech, and now Georgia).  Not to rub it in to my loyal Georgia readers faces, but BSU didn't just win that game, they dominated!  And without the help of three of their starters.  So... like I said, it was fun to see the team win on my birthday!

Anyway... The next day, we did some more shopping and then we both got pedicures.  Back story: during our honeymoon I talked David into getting a pedicure, and despite his belly-aching about it being a girly thing to do, he quickly realized that it is heaven to get your feet and legs rubbed down.  For those of you of the male gender who haven't tried it and are about to make a smart-ass comment about my husband getting a pedi... I say, "Go now!" Your feet will look, smell, and even feel better, and you will quickly understand how amazing a little foot pampering can be.  Needless to say, it wasn't too hard getting David to go again in Portland.  It was divine, and an especially great way to end our trip.  David checked us out of our hotel while I was getting my toes painted, and we headed back to the train and off to the airport.

It was a wonderful birthday!  And I have the best husband in the whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment