Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cold calls and my new appreciation for telemarketers

Today I have been making cold calls for a really amazing program called "We Love Teachers."  You'd think it would be easy, right?  Wrong.  Even if its an amazing program that benefits all parties involved, like this one, people don't like to part with their money very easily.
That said, I'm not sure I'm really on "my game" when it comes to sales right now.  When I'm in the groove, my husband says I "can sell ice to an eskimo," but I haven't found my groove yet with this program.

I did find out that I don't think I will ever be rude to a telemarketer again.  Direct and to the point - as in "No, thank you," but never rude.

Not even half the day has gone by and I am exhausted... and a little bitter.  I'm not sure I signed up for door to door sales when I took this job in Public Relations... but at least on the plus side, I actually have a job right now, where I know quite a few who are out of work.

Ahhh.... shameless plug... if you know businesses who might be interested in participating in this amazing program "We Love Teachers" supporting CapEd's Teacher Grant program and Idaho teachers... send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment