Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Autumn in the Air

Is it just me, or do you also notice the smell of autumn in the air?  It happened so suddenly on the first of September, and now its the 14th and I'm starting to see the leaves on a few trees change color.  It makes me want to go to a pumpkin patch and bake apple pies.

One of my favorite activities to do during this time of year is to go through a corn maze.  They are so much fun!  On my 26th birthday I got a group of friends together and we went through a corn maze in my home town of Lodi, WI at the Treinen Farms during the full moon.  It was awesome!  Spooky and giggly... we all had a blast!  I highly recommend checking them out in your area.  The biggest and best one here in the Boise area is at the Linder Farms in Meridian.

2011 Treinan Farms Corn Maze
During this time of year I also feel the need to go shopping for a new fresh wardrobe.  Right now I'm kind of obsessed with this company called Emerson Made.  I found out about them while reading the blog A Cup of Jo.  I want one of everything (if only I had that kind of budget!)  The pieces are timeless yet completely modern.  Here's a quick peek:




And did you hear about the Missoni for Target debacle?  Apparently they sold out in 2 hours.  I saw the stuff on line, and some of it was great and I was bummed to have miss out.  Did you catch it by chance? I wonder how long it will take for them to get more product in?

How does the season change effect you?  What are your favorite things about the beginning of autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment