Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hanging with Baby Claire aka Playing House

So last week my good friend Dayna asked me to babysit her 4 month-old baby girl, Claire.  She was all, "Pretty Please?"  And I was all... "I've been waiting for you to ask me... get her over here!"
Claire is one of those special babies that makes your ovaries hurt if your a woman, and makes you coo like a big goober if you're a man.  And, she's so good that David was all about holding her and playing with her too.  And he's really good at it (he's going to be such a good daddy someday!)

Not only is Claire super cute, but she's probably the easiest baby I've ever watched.  Seriously.  This is how the night went:


  • Dayna brings Claire over around 5:30pm.
  • David plays with Claire for about 15 minutes so I can finish up a few things.
  • David hands her over to me so he can take our dog Linus for a walk. (Side note: Apart from being very curious about Claire, once we introduced him to her, Linus was like her little protector... it was so cute!)
  • Claire and I fix her a bottle and chill out on the couch and watch an episode of NCIS.
  • She eats, I burp her, we play a little.
  • I swaddle her and rock her a little, and she's out like a light.
  • I rocked her in her car seat for about another 10 minutes and that was it.
  • Dayna got back at 8:30pm... right as Claire was waking up for some food.



Could it have been any easier?  I think not.

I want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment