Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vegetable Garden

Last year we built this awesome vegetable garden in our backyard.  We love fresh veggies.  It was really fun and fruitful, but being that it was my first vegetable garden, I planned it all wrong and it got VERY overgrown.


I didn't cage the tomatoes in time and they took over EVERYTHING!  And I planted way too much yellow squash and zucchini and not enough hot peppers for my hot pepper loving honey.  I also didn't have anything for the peas and green beans to climb up.  Let's face it, it was just a mess... a delicious mess, but a mess nonetheless.   

This year I'm trying to be very conscious of not repeating my mistake so as not to waste good produce.  My wonderful husband suggested I start drawing out my plans to help us both stay on task and in budget.  I liked that idea a lot so...

Here's my plan:


I know... lots of peppers... David eats them like their going out of style and we kept running out last summer, so this summer I need to be prepared!

xox -A

No comments:

Post a Comment