Friday, April 15, 2011

Saturday Market

One of the first things that made me fall in love with Boise other than the beautiful landscape and moderate weather was the Saturday Market.  Local produce, artisans and performers in the middle of the thriving downtown.  It's awesome.



I think every great city has to have a great public market, and this one is really special.  It's growing bigger and bigger every year.   I think almost everyone I spoke with who visited Boise for our wedding last summer, commented on how much they enjoyed it.  And, everyone I know has a great memory of the Saturday Market.  David and I even spent our first date wandering through the Saturday Market.

The Saturday Market runs from mid-April through mid-December.  Tomorrow is the first one of 2011, and I am so excited to go!  I especially love the first few Saturdays- particularly if the weather is nice because you run into so many people you know and everything feels shiny and fresh.

David and I usually park our bikes at the North entrance and get a cup of tea or coffee and start to wander.  Then on our circle back to our bikes is when we start to make our purchases.  I've got a nice little basket on my bike, so we stow everything in there and then bike home.  It's a perfect way to spend a Saturday morning.

xox -A

No comments:

Post a Comment