Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Dinner

Happy Easter!  

I wanted to attend church today... I go about twice a year (Christmas and Easter).  I'm not sure I identify with any specific religion, although I was raised in the Methodist Church.  I like many of the tenants of Buddhism, but... anyway, I was planning to go to the Episcopal church downtown that I've always wanted to go into, but I didn't make it.

Instead I made a grocery run out to Fred Meyer... and due to a bad bout of Ulcerative Colitis, it took me two hours to get through my grocery list.  When I got home, David had already gone over to our friends' house, and I took my time making Martha Stewart's Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks and Grilled Artichokes, before getting ready and heading over there myself.

There were six of us for dinner.  Rodney, Andrea, Andrea's Brother Brian, our friend Brad, David and me.  Andrea does not like lamb so they cooked a very very delicious turkey and asparagus.  I arrived so late I missed the Bloody Mary's, but I'm not sure my tummy could have handled them anyway.  To finish it all off Rodney made a delicious Almond Cheesecake.

David and I are completely stuffed!  I had planned to take photos of everything, but I completely forgot! Oh well... next time!

No matter what your religion or beliefs, its always nice to come together to celebrate (any occasion) with family and friends.  May you all have a wonderful Easter!

xox -A

No comments:

Post a Comment