Sunday, April 17, 2011

Frustration

In March, David had his ACL replaced.  It's been a long month.  You've never seen frustration until you've seen my husband forced to sit still with his leg in the air for days on end.  We've watched so many episodes of NCIS and Bones and Glee that now when we turn on the TV to watch... they all seem to be repeats.

Also, David has started asking me to do things for him by saying (for example), "Should we let the dog in?"  When in reality he's saying, "The dog is barking.  Will you let him in so he stops please?"  "Should we" has become his way of feeling like he's participating.

Surprisingly, it doesn't actually bother me.  It makes me laugh.  You see, usually David is more than helpful around the house, and I honestly don't know what I'd do without him.  However, I must admit, the "should we" better stop the minute he can walk again.  It's only endearing because he's got his leg in a sling!

Thankfully, he's making serious progress, and is even able to bend his leg to about a 100 degree angle- he needs to be at 180 to be fully mobile.  It's pretty awesome progress!  He'll be back to running circles around me before ya know it,  but until then, I feel for you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment