Monday, June 11, 2012

A little bit...

I've been playing hooky from work this morning.  I didn't mean to, but I kept seeing things that needed to be taken care of... first it was the dog.  On a beautiful day like today, he definitely needed a walk.  When I arrived home, I made the bed.  While making the bed, I accidentally spilled over a glass of water.  While cleaning up the water, I noticed I needed to dust under the bed, and when I put the rags into the hamper, I noticed all the laundry that needed to be washed.  House cleaning ensued (including the massacre of about 20 flies- where do they all come from?!)  When I stepped outside to take out the trash, I saw my vegetable garden and decided to take a closer look because I've completely neglected it since I planted it a few weeks ago.  Its not doing as well this year as it's done in the past... I think I need my mommy to fly out to Boise to help fix it.  When I finished piddling around with the garden, I went to my desk and returned some work emails.  Next thing I know its 11:30am and I am meeting my dear friend Sheila for lunch at noon.  Where did the morning go?

Our house in the dappled sunlight.  June 11, 2012

I would probably be more concerned with being late for work, but... Well, let's just say, that's another story...

Do you ever have days like this?   I hope the weather is as nice for you as it is for me today.  Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment