Saturday, February 11, 2012

RIP Whitney Houston

I am devastated by the news of Whitney Houston's passing.  When I think back on my childhood, most of my musical memories involve Whitney Houston's beautiful voice.  I can't tell you how many times I've listened to "I Will Always Love You"... the number might be in the millions.  I vividly remember singing along to her music so much I was driving my parents and my brothers nuts... selfishly her death makes me feel like a piece of my childhood has died with her.

Yes, as I write this, I am currently listening to her music and crying like a baby... Her song Count on Me from the movie Waiting to Exhale has gotten me especially worked up... makes me miss all my girlfriends.

From her fashion influence to the ballads that got me through my youthful crushes and heartbreaks... Ms. Whitney Houston's beautiful voice was always there.  She will be missed.  It's such a shame that she wasn't able to see her own value for what it was.  Her real life was so similar to the role she played in the movie The Bodygaurd, only no one was there to save her.  Where was Kevin Costner when you need him?!  Instead she had that thug Bobby Brown dragging her down.

She graced us all with her talents, may she finally find grace in her heart.  Rest in peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment