Thursday, October 4, 2012

Opera Idaho

So, I know... I have been very bad about writing the past few months.  Actually, I have had plenty to write about... but I seem to have gotten side-tracked.  There is lots going on in my world, but the most exciting news is that I have a new job as the Marketing and Development Manager at Opera Idaho.  I started last week, and I absolutely LOVE it.

I have my own office with a window that gets soft north facing light, and throughout the day I hear soft melodies of singers and choirs rehearsing in the rehearsal space down the hall.  Plus, I'm working in the arts again and I can't tell you how happy that makes me.  No more politics for me!  Well, at least government politics!

I have to admit, I've never thought much about Opera- not that I didn't like it, I do (most of it), but it just wasn't on my radar.  Now that it is, I'm certainly learning a lot and I am finding it very romantic and lovely.  It's not so much that the work is different, but the mentality of the people I work with that is different.  Working in the arts has such a strong effect on the soul... I am so busy I sometimes forget to eat, and yet, I'm happier in my work than I've been in years.  And that is reflected in everything else I do.

If you are local, be sure to check out Opera Idaho's 2012-2013 Season starting with the opera Falstaff at the end of October.  If you aren't, its just one more reason to visit Boise!


In the meantime, I have to get back to work!  There is a lot to do between our Auction of Arias fundraiser on October 12th, our Operatini event on October 18th, and the first opera of the season, Falstaff on October 26th and 28th.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment