Friday, October 26, 2012

Nerdy or Sexy?

Last week I went in to get my eyes checked, and it turns out I have perfect vision in my left eye, but an astigmatism in my right eye.  (Which was apparently causing what I thought was mild dyslexia). So the eye doc put some crazy drops in my eyes and told me to go pick out some glasses.  

I couldn't see after the first two minutes with the drops in my eyes, so I depended on the girls at the shop and some photo emails back and forth to David to pick out a good pair.  After narrowing it down to a few, it suddenly occurred to me to ask how much they cost.  OMG!  I had now idea glasses were so pricey.  One pair was more than $650... I almost fainted (literally, the eye drops were really bothering me and I thought I was going to pass out).  

In the end I went with the least expensive pair they had in stock and combined with the co-pay from our insurance I still shelled out a pretty penny - no where near 600 smackers, but I was still surprised by the price.  

I picked them up on Wednesday, so as of today I've had glasses for three days.  I'm still getting used to them.  My doctor says I have to wear them everyday for a month, and then when I'm working on the computer and driving, or as needed.  

Day One

Day Three
I've had a few people tell me I look like a sexy librarian, and actually, one lady at my job said my new code name was "The Librarian".  However, my husband told me not to tell people that he helped pick them out... not that he doesn't like them, but he wants to make that point clear... and my dad just plain doesn't like them.

Either way, its amazing how good I thought my vision was versus how much better it is now.  And its just the one eye... my left eye was doing all the work.  I guess, in the end, being able to see better is really all that matters, but my vanity is a little unsure at the moment.     

No comments:

Post a Comment