Thursday, December 22, 2011

Best Christmas Cookies ever... and they're SCD approved!

Hello All!

Last night I made the most delicious cookies I think I've ever had... and they are completely SCD approved, which makes them even better!  My wonderful husband thought they were so delicious he arranged them all on a plate for me and told me to take a picture of them and post the recipe on my blog.  So, I've taken his advice... I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!

I took a recipe for "Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies" found on Elana's Pantry, and altered it a wee bit to make it SCD approved.  Here's what I came up with:

SCD Snickerdoodles
2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon sea salt

½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup butter or ghee
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

½ cup honey
Cinnamon to taste

  1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
  2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
  3. Mix wet ingredients into dry... let the mixture sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes
  4. Form ½-inch 1-inch balls and press onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
  5. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown
  6. Cool before removing them from the parchment paper.
  7. Either sprinkle cinnamon on top of each cookie, or put the cookies in a paper bag and cinnamon and shake.
  8. Remove and serve.
Makes 24 cookies

As a side note, I've been following the SCD program now since the beginning of November, and although I'm not having perfect results, I'm feeling so much better over all.  And I'm able to do things like go for a hike with out panicking and jumping into a bush, and even get through my hot yoga classes (although I'm still not able to do all the poses, but I'm working toward it!)  But either way, better is better, and if following this diet for only a month and a half has made me feel this good, I can't wait to see how well I do in six months!  Bon Appetite!    

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm about to make your cookies. Wondering how you are feeling five years later?

    ReplyDelete