Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good-bye Michael Scott

So, I haven't watched the TV show, The Office that regularly over the years, but in honor of Steve Carrell (Michael Scott) leaving the show, David and I watched it tonight together.

I must say that I thought it was one of the more tasteful TV show exits.  I don't want to give anything away for those of you who may have missed it and are planning to catch it later, so I'll skip over details and say that suddenly I was a sobbing mess.  I was crying like a baby... tissues, red faced and blowing my nose, the works!  David didn't realize it I guess because he got up and went to the bathroom and when he came back minutes later he was like, "What did I miss?!"

Now I have to admit... almost no matter what the show- from Family Ties, The Cosby Show, Alf, to Friends, to Lost and The Office, I ALWAYS cry at the finale.  I think I've even cried at random shows that I've never seen before but suddenly catch the last episode.  I wonder if its something they send through the airwaves... "you must cry and feel sad now."  I think the only show I didn't cry at the finale was Seinfeld, and mainly because it was terrible.  It was so awful that it actually ruined the re-runs for me for a few years after.

Anyway, this is not the finale for The Office, I know, but Steve Carrell is one of the more talented actors around and the show will not be the same without him...


In other news... is anyone getting up at 4 a.m. EST to watch the Royal Wedding live?!

No comments:

Post a Comment